Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hard Candy Jubilee (652) Review

I ordered a few tools for my nails and received about 100 tiny rolls of nail tape.  I've never used it and decided that I would give it a try today since I cut down my nails last night.  I wanted to do something different.
This rolls of tape are very tiny and are quite hard to work with if you don't use a pair of tweezers.  Even with the tweezers it was a little bit of a pain because, well, it is tape after all.

I wanted to try out my bottle of Hard Candy Jubilee (652).  In my opinion, it shouldn't be called Jubilee.  It's more of a zombie color!  Yes, I love zombies!  Whether it's COD Zombies or some Walking Dead with the ever so sexy Norman Reedus.  Anyway...

I decided to play around a little bit and do something different.  Typically, I just do my tips but I had cut my nails last night so I really didn't have much to work with.

I did the tips of all of my nails except for my middle finger with the Jubilee.  I had to apply three coats to get the color to my liking.  It is kind of messy being that it has different shapes and sizes in the confetti.  I had to keep brushing to move everything around.  One coat was too light of a green.  Two coats was a pretty greenish color but not dark enough.  The third coat was perfect for me.

It dried rather quickly.  It was under three minutes and it did apply smoothly with the exception of having to keep brushing to move things around.  When all of my nails were dry, I began trying to figure out what I was going to do with the type.  I ended up just doing my middle nail with three pieces going from the cuticle and out at an angle.  I applied Sally Hansen's Black Heart (808) over the top of the nail with the tape to see how it would turn out...  Easily put:  messy.  Sally Hansen's Black Heart (808) is kind of thin but it is the best black polish I have come across.

After a few minutes of dry time, I pulled the tape off to see what it looked like...

I actually liked it.  I should have doubled the tape to make it wider.  All in all, I love Hard Candy's Jubilee and can't wait to try out the other one I bought.

Hard Candy Jubilee 4/5
Sally Hansen Black Heart 4/5

--B

No comments:

Post a Comment