Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Maybelline Color Show!

Today, I will be doing a review on Maybelline's Color Show.  I have bought several different colors from this line and have finally used two of them.

So, as you see, I'm using Maybelline's Color Show Onyx Rush (430) as a base coat and chose to use Maybelline's Color Show Street Art Green Graffitti (32) to go over it.  The green graffitti has green and black specks in a clear polish.  Looks pretty cool!

I ended up using the Onyx Rush as a base color because on my first attempt without a base color it looked like a huge mess of confusion.  The green and black specks didn't cover up my nail like I wanted it to.

While using the Onyx Rush, I realized how "runny" it was and had to have three  coats applied to make it look just right.  I just cannot seem to find a perfect black yet.  Either they are too runny or too thick.  I was impressed with how quickly the Onyx Rush dried though.  That is a huge perk for me!

The Green Graffitti is a clear polish with green and black specks of various sizes.  It took me only two coats over the Onyx Rush to get it just to where I wanted it.  It dried quickly as well.  It has become one of my favorite polishes to add flare to a plain mani!

To finish off my mani, I always use Nail-Aid's 3 Minute Artificials 11x Gel Top Coat.  I don't have acryllic nails or overlays.  My nails grow quickly naturally and they are usually pretty hard.  Nail-Aid's top coat is by far the best top coat I have ever used.  For me, it's a must have.  My polish does not chip when I have it on.  But the down fall is, my nails grow QUICKLY and within three days of doing my manicure I have to either "fill" the bottom of my nails with more top coat or I remove my polish and do something else.

On a normal week, I do my nails twice.

Rating:
Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush--3/5
Maybelline Color Show Street Art Green Graffitti--5/5

I hope you have enjoyed my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment