So, this week, I decided to use my new NYC polishes that I got at CVS for $1. I used three colors. French White Tip, Preppy Pink, and Skyline Blue.
Preppy Pink and Skyline Blue are both very subtle colors. That was what made me buy them. I have tons of bright blues and pinks as well as dark so the contrast was perfect to go with my collection.
The first thing I did was clean up my nails. I had glitter tips with two coats of Nail Aid's 3-Minute Miracle that I knew was going to be a pain in the nail to remove. When I have glitter polish on, I typically use the aluminum foil trick. I will be doing a blog on that in the near future with other ways to remove polish.
After I cleaned my nails up, I applied one coat of a clear top coat to prevent stains on my nails. It's a must do especially when using blue, green, or red polishes.
While I let the polish dry, I cut a make-up sponge to remove the ridge from being attached to the other sponges.
After my nails were dry, I applied two coats of NYC French Tip White to each nail, allowing each coat to dry thoroughly. I am not a fan of white polish. I have never found a good bottle from any brand. They are always either too thin and takes more than two coats or they are too thick and look horrible. NYC French Tip White is not any better. I didn't expect much out of it being that it was only $1. It applied thick and goopy. After the first coat was dry, I applied the second coat being more generous hoping that it would make it a little better.
After I allowed the white polish to dry, which was very quick, I began applying NYC Preppy Pink and Skyline Blue to the bigger backside of the make-up sponge. I wasn't worried about how many tries it was going to take me to get it right because I bought a bag of 25 sponges for only $1.50 at Walmart. Also, I don't remember mentioning this above but if I did I will just repeat myself. This is the first time I have ever used sponges and attempted an Ombre type of nail art.
I applied both polishes generously and allowed them to touch and kind of mix with each other giving it a three color look. Pink and blue make purple! I recommend having your bottles open and ready to use as well as moving kind of quick. I wasn't worried about making them perfect. I'm not perfect. I'm not a professional. And I enjoy trying new things!
I sponged each nail to my liking, adding each color to the sponge for every nail. I made a huge mess around my nails on my skin but again, nobody's perfect. I only applied the sponged colors once. After they were completely dried, I applied a top coat to give them a shine and to protect my manicure for a few days.
I really like how they turned out and I really can't wait to do more variations. NYC Preppy Pink and Skyline Blue are AMAZING polishes! They both are very pretty and seem to be a perfect formula. Way to go NYC!! I'm very impressed!
This Ombre was a quick, fun, and easy manicure to do! From start to finish, it only took 45 minutes which is less than half the time I usually take to do just my tips.
Have fun with it! You can always add some glitter to them or even do some animal print. The possibilities are endless!!
For more pictures of my nail art, please follow me on InstaGram @Addicted_2_Polish. I follow everyone who follows me!
Hope you enjoyed my Ombre tutorial!!





No comments:
Post a Comment